Q.) How do I pay my National Recovery Agency (NRA) bill on line?

A.) National Recovery Agency allows you the consumer to pay your bill thru National Recovery Agency’s self service website, www.nationalrecovery.com. You must have your account information to use the website for payments which is provided to you in one or more of the letters you have received from National Recovery Agency. The use of this number when using the self-service payment website, is a key component of the required compliance program for authentication of your account and the acceptance of web payments. If you do not have a NRA account number, Please Contact 800-360-9953.

Q.) How do I find my account number for National Recovery Agency?

A.) Your NRA account number can be found in the letter sent to you from National Recovery Agency. If you have any difficulties locating or reading your account information please call (800) 773-4503.

Q.) Why Does National Recovery Agency appear on my credit bureau report?

A.) National Recovery Agency places items on the credit bureau reports at the request of our creditor clients. National Recovery Agency reports to the three major credit reporting bureau companies.

The function of a credit reporting agency is to gather credit information regarding individuals living within a given community and to make such information available to business and professional people within the community to be used by them in determining whether or not to extend credit.

If you have any questions related to the report on your credit bureau report by National Recovery Agency please contact us.

Q.) What information is included in my credit record?

A.) Your credit record contains a wide array of personal and confidential information. It may contain any or all of the following:

  • Identifying information – name, current and prior addresses, social security number, employment history, and date of birth.
  • History of paying habits with credit grantors, retail stores, banks, finance companies, mortgage companies, including collection or charged-off accounts.
  • Public record items – tax liens, judgments, bankruptcy.
  • Inquiries-each time a credit grantor or other authorized party requests a copy of your record.

Q.) I filed for bankruptcy a few years ago. Now I am unable to get credit. How long can a bankruptcy stay on my credit report?

A.)By law, bankruptcies may be reported for up to 10 years from date of discharge.

Q.) There is incorrect information on my credit report. How do I get it corrected?

A.) Contact the appropriate repository;

Equifax Experian Trans Union
PO Box 740241 PO Box 949 PO Box 2000
Atlanta, GA 30374 Allen, TX 75013 Springfield, PA 19022
(800) 685-1111 (888) 397-3742 (800) 888-4213
www.equifax.com www.experian.com www.transunion.com

Q.) What if I can’t pay my bills?

A.) If you find you cannot make your payments, contact your credit granters immediately. They are more likely to understand if you contact them before your payment is overdue. Try to work out a modified payment plan with your creditors that reduce your payment to a more manageable level. Do not wait until your account is turned over to a debt collector. At this point the creditor has given up on you.

Q.) Should I use a credit counseling or debt consolidation company?

A.) Before signing up with such a business, make sure you understand what services the business

provides and at what cost. Do not rely on oral promises that do not appear in your contract. Some consumers who turn to such businesses may encounter additional problems. For example, debt consolidation or other loans may have high hidden costs and may require your home as collateral. Also, credit grantors are NOT obligated to agree to the terms set-up by consumer counseling programs.

Q.) Should I file for bankruptcy?

A.) Bankruptcy should be considered only as a last resort. Bankruptcy can ruin your chances for a future loan to buy a house or car, to send your child to college, or to take advantage of a business opportunity. If you do file bankruptcy, it will be reported on your credit record. While it is true that consumer bankruptcy law has changed and is now more lenient for the debtor, bankruptcy is not a “quick fix” for your financial problems. Newspapers carry advertisements promoting bankruptcy as a way to be “free from debt” or “improve your credit rating”. No matter what anyone tells you, even if he is an attorney, bankruptcy will not improve your credit rating. Businesses that advertise bankruptcy-related services may not tell you all that is involved or if other alternatives exist. There are benefits to choosing an alternative to bankruptcy. Consider the choices before consulting an attorney. It’s your future.Q.)What do I do if a debt collector calls me?A.)Stay calm and remember, debt collectors are trained to solve payment problems. Be honest with them about your ability or inability to pay right away. Let him or her work with you to establish a reasonable payment plan.

Q.) What do I do if I am divorced?

A.) Divorce does not stop your obligations to pay a debt, no matter what the divorce decree states. You should close any accounts you and your ex-spouse had together. These will remain on your credit record. If you need credit, open new accounts in your name only.

Q.) My credit record isn’t the best, should I use a “credit repair” service?

A.) Don’t be misled by advertisements that promise to “repair” or “clean up” your credit record. In fact, many of these promises could be illegal. Many firms advertise getting an Employee Identification Number and using it as a Social Security Number. This is illegal and you would be held liable if you do this. There are only two things that can improve your credit record: 1) prompt payment on accounts and 2) time. Adverse information may be reported for up to 7 years.

Q.) What are some good guidelines to stay out of debt?

A.) The best way to avoid excessive debt is to have good money management policies at home. Know exactly how much your take home pay is each month. Try to limit your credit obligations to 20 percent of your monthly take home, after deducting your rent or mortgage. When you shop, know exactly how much you can afford to add to your monthly credit payments. If you must borrow money to pay off bills, shop around for the best rate and credit terms. Know exactly what you are signing before you write your name on the contract. Finally, save part of your paycheck every month and build up a cash reserve for emergencies or to take advantage of special offers.

Can’t Find The Answer To Your Question? Call Us Toll Free At 1-800-773-4503.

Calls may be recorded for quality control purposes.

Pay in Person

If you would like to make a payment in person you can deliver it to our office located at:

2491 Paxton Street
Harrisburg, PA 17111

Our hours are 9:00-5:00 Monday through Friday.

Pay By Phone

You can make a payment on the phone by calling us toll free at 800-773-4503.

Pay By UPS/FedEx

If you want to mail your payment via UPS or FedEx, send it to:

NRA Group
2491 Paxton Street
Harrisburg, PA 17111

Pay By Mail

If you want to mail your payment, send it to:

NRA Group
P.O. Box 67015
Harrisburg, PA 17106-7015

Pay By HSA

To pay using a Health Savings Account (HSA) please call the office at 800-773-4503.